This module complements the googleSearch_cse component.
It allows you to add a Google search form as a module. This means that you can place the search form in any module position you like.
When the user clicks the search button, the search result will be displayed in your Joomla main body by the googleSearch_cse component.
Let me emphasize again that you need to have the googleSearch_cse component installed for this to work.
Available for all Joomla versions: Joomla 1.0, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5 and 3.0!!
v3.0.2 (for Joomla 3.0 and above)
Released Feb 14, 2015
Support for the latest Joomla 3.3.6!
Note: Please make sure if you have also installed the googleSearch_cse component. The module requires the component to work.
If you are using the googleSearch_cse component together with sh404SEF:
- Go to sh404SEF Configuration.
- Click the "By Component" tab.
- Look for the component "googleSearch (CSE)", and set the first column as "skip".
- Don't forget to click "Save".
Please also make sure you read the following article:
"JFolder::folder: Path is not a folder: /language"
For those of you who get this error message, please refer to the article below for the solution:
How to install
Be a Sponsor
If you find this module useful,
and would like to see further development of this project,
be a proud sponsor of the googleSearch (CSE) module!
Secure Payments by PayPal.
- First, make sure you have installed the component googleSearch_cse component. This module DOES NOT work without the googleSearch_cse component.
- Download and install the googleSearch_cse module.
- Make sure the module is published / enabled.
- Select a module position where you want to place the module.
That's all you need to get started! You'll now have a Google Search form displayed in your selected module position, and the Google Search result displayed right inside your Joomla main body!
Customizing the Module
Note that the config options for googleSearch_cse module resides in the googleSearch_cse component. The rationale is that
- The module and the component work in pairs.
- Many of the options affect both the module and the component.
- It's more convenient to be able to do the config settings all in one place.
Module config options:
- Width of Search Field: Specify the width of the search field in the module.
- Display search form in component:: Since you now have both the module and the component, by default, there will be a search form in the module, and another in the component. If you find this a bit distracting, you have the option to hide the search form in the component. Just set the option to "No" to hide the search form in the component.
- Display Last Search Value:
If you wish to display the last search value in teh search form, just set this to "Yes". Default value is "No".
Module Class Suffix
Note that I do have one parameter added in the googleSearch module: the Module Class Suffix.
This is provided by some templates to give variations to the style of the module.
For example, in Joomla 1.5, if you're using the default "rhuk_milkyway" template, you can try setting this as
_menu. You will find the module changed to a different style.
Note that this parameter is set in the Module Manager, not in the Component Manager.
- v1.0 (for Joomla 1.0) and v1.5 (for Joomla 1.5)
Released January 6, 2009
- v1.6 (for Joomla 1.6), v1.7 (for Joomla 1.7), v2.5 (for Joomla 2.5)
Released March 15, 2012
Note: It is important that you match the version number of your googleSearch_cse module with that of the googleSearch_cse component.