PHP-GTK2 Cookbook Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:plugin syntax shows up as text with no map.... (2 viewing) (2) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:plugin syntax shows up as text with no map....

marcrocks (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
plugin syntax shows up as text with no map.... 5 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
Hi,

I installed googleMaps sucessfully with little issue. It's now in my plugins manager. I opened the googleMaps plugin, and entered my googleMaps API as per the instructions, and adjusted the size settings, and enabled the plugin. Then, I copied the text off the site from which I downloaded the plugin, and pasted it into the article as a test.

{ googleMaps addr="1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View CA 94043" } [I entered the spaces before and after the { } because I didn't do that at first and my question showed up with a big map in it...]

The article is simply showing that syntax as text, like I wanted to just have the people read it. I have verified that the plugin is enabled, I have checked the HTML to see if the editor is changing it, and everything else I've seen suggested. I'm very new to Joomla, so is there something obvious I'm missing here? Is there a 'make plugins work' button or something? I haven't installed any other plugins, I read that this was a very good and easy plugin so thought I'd try my luck on this one first.

I'm using Joomla 1.5.9 for your reference. I'm banging my head against a wall here, I would appreciate any help. I assume that it's nothing wrong with the plugin and is actually something wrong that I'm doing or a setting I have wrong, but I can't figure it out. I would love to get this right so I know how to get other plugins installed and used in the future.

When you're entering the syntax into the article, where do you get the 'googleMaps'? The name? The plugin file? I just want to know so for other plugins I install, I will know what syntax it should be if it's not so generously provided as you did.

Thank you so much!

Marc

Last Edit: 2009/06/04 04:35 By marcrocks.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.

kksou (Admin)
Admin
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:plugin syntax shows up as text with no map.... 5 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 27  
Hi Marc,

If you see the big map when you enter this post, then the syntax is right.

And you're saying that yours is a fresh install with only the googleMaps plugin?

Can you please give me the URL of your site so that I can do a view source of the page? Need more clues to be able to figure out what might be happening.

By the way, I suppose:

1) You have double checked that your google maps API is correct.

2) You're NOT testing this on your local machine. Note that the goolge maps will only work on the domain which you have entered when you sign up for your googlemap API. It will not work if you run it on a local machine or on other sites that are not your domain.

Regards,
/kksou

syed (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:plugin syntax shows up as text with no map.... 5 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
I too am new to joomla and having the same problems, i'm not running it locally neither i have used a wrong API key, please look into this and guide me i'll be grateful.

marcrocks (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
The site is www.idaho-humanrights.org/AMP

This is the specific article page in which I'm trying to put the googleMaps plugin.
http://www.idaho-humanrights.org/AMP/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=89

This is not a local test and the API points to www.idaho-humanrights.org so that shouldn't be the issue either.

The only other things I've installed on this Joomla installation is a template and another plugin which also isn't working. There's got to be something obvious I'm missing. I did have the common issue with installing the plugin where I had to CHMOD and raise the permission level on a variety of folders to get it to install correctly, could that have something to do with this?

Thank you so much...

chaminda (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
I have the same problem. Is this due to php version?. This work in our testing server with php5. Not in remote server with php 4.? Please help...

marcrocks (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
That's an interesting point - my remote server is also running PHP 4.x, so that may be the issue if it works on your local 5.x but not your remote 4.x php installation.

chaminda (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
I change the php version in remote server. Plugin work well. I sugest to add this statement on the gmapdirection plugin limitation list. Thanks

kksou (Admin)
Admin
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:plugin syntax shows up as text with no map.... 5 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 27  
Thanks much for the update.

Yes, I used multiple inheritance of PHP'5 OOP in googleMaps. I just did a quick search on the web. Seems like PHP4 does not support multiple inheritance. PHP5 does. Guess that's why.

I have updated both the googleMaps and googleDirections web pages on this information.

Thanks and Regards,
/kksou

blair81 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
I'm actually having the same problem that these guys were. my virtual server has php5, i double checked my API key is correct. http://wa-trs.com/index.php/climbing is a link to the article. i pasted it in the article and it came up as text.

chaminda (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
I check your site and code. Your map text was enclosed by <pre> tags as following.

Please remove those as following

Last Edit: 2009/06/16 12:52 By chaminda.

Go to top Post Reply