PHP-GTK2 Cookbook Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Parsing problem (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Parsing problem

tarotray (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Parsing problem 6 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 0  
I do have a problem with the plug-in.

I am merely adding a copyright year into the content like this:
<p>All content is &copy; 2009-<?php echo (new DateTime)->format("Y"); ?> <strong>Goaheadspace</strong> All rights reserved.</p>
Then the result is:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR, expecting ',' or ';' in /home4/tarotray/public_html/web/plugins/content/DirectPHP/DirectPHP.php(58) : eval()'d code on line 1

I looked at the code and haven't quite figured it out yet. Could this be an issue with the Joomla version (3.2.3) or the PHP version (5.3.28)? Otherwise, I think it may be the way in which you parse the php line.

In the end, it seems that using:
<p>All content is &copy; 2009-<?php echo date("Y"); ?> <strong>Goaheadspace</strong> All rights reserved.</p> works fine.

So, I'm very thankful for your work and hope this comment helps you improve the code (presuming I am right about the problem being in the code).

The administrator has disabled public write access.

kksou (Admin)
Admin
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Parsing problem 6 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 27  
Hi Tarotray,

DirectPHP uses standard PHP eval() statement. If it runs in PHP, it should also run in DirectPHP.

For your case, it will work if you use the following:
Code:
$date = new DateTime('now', new DateTimeZone('America/Los_Angeles'));
echo $date->format('Y');
Try to create a standalone .PHP file and put the following line:
Code:
echo new DateTime('now', new DateTimeZone('America/Los_Angeles'))->format('Y-m-d');
It will give the same error message "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR, expecting ',' or ';' in /home4/tarotray/public_html/web/plugins/content/DirectPHP/DirectPHP.php(58) : eval()'d code on line 1" In PHP, when you use "new" to create a new object, usually we have to put the newly created object into a variable before we can call its method. For DirectPHP, I usually try the commands in a standalone .PHP file first, make sure it works before I transfer them into DirectPHP. Warm Regards, /kksou

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to top Post Reply