PHP-GTK2 Cookbook Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:How do you position the menu to replace the top 1 (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:How do you position the menu to replace the top 1

mcmaax (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
How do you position the menu to replace the top 1 5 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hey guys,

I am using Joomla version 1.5.9 on Firefox/windows xp. I downloaded/installed/enabled the plug in and used the code suggested on the cookbook site within a content item(an article) and my nav drop down menu appears in the middle. I see no option of how to make it appear at the top above MSCMS. where a menu bar would go.

My CMS is located at http://maaximum.comli.com/index.php

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Omar
Toronto

The administrator has disabled public write access.

kksou (Admin)
Admin
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:How do you position the menu to replace the top 1 5 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 27  
Hi,

The "Drop Down Menu" is a plugin. As the name suggested, it is supposed to be used to add a menu within an article. This is useful when you have a long article and wants to add a simple table of content or navigation menu to the long article (as what I've done in some of my articles).

If you think the "Drop Down Menu" works for your site, and you want to put it in a module position, you can use the method as outlined in the following article:

How to create a module with DirectPHP plugin (for Joomla 1.5.x)

The article is inteded for the DirectPHP plugin, but the same method will work for the "Drop Down Menu" plugin too (in fact, any plugin that you desire). The key thing is you need to install the module "CustomContent" by Ian MacLennan first.

Having said that, let me emphasize again (which I've also mentioned many times in some of the other replies), if you want a good menu system for your Joomla site, that menu should be part of your Joomla template.

All the menu items in the Drop Down Menu have to be hand-coded manually. Compare this with the Main Menu or the Menu system that are inherent in your template - the menu items are defined in the Menu Manager. The Menu Manager/Main Menu is part of the Joomla core, whereas the Drop Down Menu are not. It's just a piece of javascript code which I've wrapped in a plugin/module so that it works inside a Joomla page.

Regards,
/kksou

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to top Post Reply