This morning Elizabeth Smith updated her package. At last, I got her windows build of PHP-GTK2 up and running!
I’m excited about this package! Because this is a PHP-GTK2 on windows compiled with GTK+ v2.10!
GTK+ v2.10 comes with five new widgets:
- GtkStatusIcon - a cross-platform “tray icon” API.
- GtkAssistant - a widget for creating multi-step wizards.
- GtkLinkButton - a widget that displays a clickable hyperlink.
- GtkCellRendererAccel - a cell renderer for key combinations.
- GtkCellRendererSpin - a cell renderer for numeric values.
It also has quite a number of new methods for existing widgets. For example, for GtkTreeview, we have now:
- GtkTreeView::set_enable_tree_lines() - draw connecting lines between nodes
- GtkTreeView::set_grid_lines() - draw grid lines in a tree view
- (many others to be explored…)
The build has also include immediate access to extensions such as GtkExtra and GtkHTML.
With GtkExtra, we can set up a spreadsheet easily using the new widget GtkSheet.
Here’s a sample code:
<?php $window = new GtkWindow();
$window->connect_simple('destroy', array('Gtk','main_quit')); $window->add($vbox = new GtkVBox());
$sheet = new GtkSheet(6, 12, ’sample spreadsheet’); $vbox->pack_start($sheet);
I’m trying out all the new features one by one, and will come out with notes, sample codes, and explanations as I go along.
I will continuously update the list of new features and functionailities of PHP-GTK2 in:
I will also come out with a series of articles to show how to use some of these new widgets and new methods. The first one is here:
If you are excited about this new build for PHP-GTK2 too, the main download area is at: http://perisama.net/. There are numerous files there. If you’re confused as to which files to download, you may follow the instructions here.
Have fun with the new build!
The place for php-gtk2 sample codes