Have just added three new exciting features to PHP-GTK Explorer v1.03:
- Search for methods
For example, type in set_size_request, you will find it belongs to GtkWidget. If you’re not sure of the complete spelling, you can even typing in set_size or just size!
- Search for signals
For example, type in clicked, all the widgets containing the signal ‘clicked’ will be listed. Do you know there are three widgets all with the signals ‘clicked’?
- Browse history
Just press the F8, and you will be able to browse all the widgets that you have explorerd. Click on the history item, and you will be taken directly back to that widget!
Click here to download!
Some Implementation Details
- For the searching of methods, I actually loop through all the widgets (using the reflection classes). For each widget, I retrieve all the methods and match it against the method you have entered in the search field. The entire process usually takes between 1 to 5 seconds. Just for “fun”, I added a progress bar when searching for the methods so that you won’t feel too bored while waiting for the dialog box to appear.
- In the popup dialog box that lists all the methods that match the criteria, if you use single click, you will see immediate update of the parent window with the selected widget and method. To close the dialog, use double-click, click the OK button, or press the Return key. Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard arrow key, Home or End to quickly to move the selection bar.
- To improve the user experience, when you have selected a method e.g. GtkWidget::set_size_request(), the method is listed in the 133th position. You will find that the right pane will automatically scroll to that method, with a yellow highlight.
- Press F10 to search for widget. F11 to search for methods. And F12 to search for signals.
- Press F8 to browse the history.
The place for php-gtk2 sample codes